We are Switching to renewable sources of energy, in 2020 we have successfully installed 64kw of Solar panels. This will greatly reduce our carbon footprint.We hope to double this in the next 5 years.
By using this Solar Panel Technology means that our company uses less fossil fuel. Helping reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and pollution.
At Batestown Farm Produce we have dedicated Nearly 15 acres of our land to forestry. We feel that the environmental benefits of forests are numerous. … Through photosynthesis, the trees and plants in forests provide most of the oxygen that humans and animals breathe. Forests also absorb and reduce the presence in the atmosphere of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas and major contributor to climate change.
Reducing water usage, like most other environmentally friendly practices, is something many people are aware they need to do. At Batestown Farm Produce we have put many measures in place to implement some of these. They include:
- We have Developed a water conservation plan: We work with our employees and educate them about water conservation. We’ve Developed a written plan for how employees can save water, including conservation benchmarks, then regularly check to see if those benchmarks are being met.
- Regularly assess water-consuming systems: Check for leaks and consult with a our plumber on a regular basis. By staying on top of any unexpected or potential maintenance issues, By doing so we can head off major problems before they arise.
- Check for leaks: Even the smallest leaks add up over time. Regularly checking for and repairing leaky faucets and pipes.
- Efficiently operate water-intensive machinery.
- Water recycling: There are many ways we recycle water, from modern gray water systems that take waste water and recycle it for use in boilers and cooling units to recovery systems that capture and reuse boiler and steam condensate.
- Water recycling refers to the process by which Batestown farm produce collects storm water, We clean it and return it for use in selected industrial operations.
At Batestown Farm Produce we have policies in place to reduce packaging and to eliminate single use plastics.
Single-use plastics are a glaring example of the problems with throw away culture. Instead of investing in quality goods that will last, we often prioritize convenience over durability and consideration of long-term impacts. We have removed all single use plastic packets and punnets. These are some of the changes we have introduced.
All our lights to LED
LED light bulbs use up to 85% less electricity than traditional light bulbs and 95% of that energy is converted to light with only 5% wasted as heat. this signifyingly it reduces our impact on the environment. They are also mercury free, making them more environmentally friendly all around. We have changed all our lighting on our Farm Stores, our Processing Plant and our Offices to Energy saving LED Lights
All our Tractors, Trucks & Vans use ADBlue
AdBlue is added to your exhaust and mixes with the fumes our Tractors, Trucks and Vans produces. It reacts with nitrogen oxide gas (NOx gas) created by your engine and breaks it down into harmless nitrogen and water vapour. We add AdBlue to all our Vehicles to help help reduce these harmful gases being released into the environment